The Extraordinary Effects of EVANESCENCE Imperceptible Powder

Those of you who loved DIAPHANOUS but asked for a compact (read: transportable) formula, will adore EVANESCENCE.
Its formula is free from oil, parabens and silicones but packed with skin-loving, anti-aging active ingredients as well as rich pigments that create a glowing, radiant, healthy look.
RBR_Evanescence-Powder_ProLibrary

Back in 2014 we’ve introduced with DIAPHANOUS what we believe is our best transparent finishing powder for dry and mature skin; in fact, for any skin type.

This summer we have launched a compact (or pressed) texture that combines a similar beautifying effect with the latest anti-aging benefits and comes in four natural shades: our Imperceptible Powder EVANESCENCE.

Imperceptible Powder EVANESCENCE

“What is EVANESCENCE?”:
- Great as a finishing powder with a near-airbrush effect
- Barely visible while providing solid medium coverage
- Light-textured for the most effortless and enjoyable application
- Skin-protecting with Vitamins E and C from Rose Hip Oil
- Rejuvenating with D’Orientine S, an anti-oxidant, regenerative and anti-wrinkle complex
- Long-lasting
- Suitable for all skin types
- Beautifully comfortable and soft even on dry skin, while maintaining shine control
- Subtly scented
- Free from parabens, silicones, and oils

And what EVANESCENCE isn’t:
- No drying out your skin
- No clinging to dry patches
- No breakouts
- No “powdered” or “lifeless” look
- No shimmer / glitter
- No setting into fine lines

EVANESCENCE friends from the Enchanted Garden:
- RBR Powder Brush 001
- Any RBR primer of your preference
- Any RBR foundation of your preference
- Apply EVANESCENCE on top of your RBR complexion products: your favourite concealers or the favourite shade of our Highlighting Liquid

RBR_Evanescence-Powder_First-Reviews
The UK-based blog Visionary Beauty calls EVANESCENCE “a solid performer” and further says about it:
“Your skin still looks like skin but just on a good day.”

The German blog Beauty Spion says: “Despite the fact that the powder is so lightweight and you don’t feel it on your skin, the effect goes a long way” (“Obwohl der Puder so leicht und an sich auf der Haut nicht zu spüren ist, bewirkt er soviel“) and adds an application tip to wear it as eye shadow base.

We hope this has been a helpful glimpse into the features of our new EVANESCENCE powder. Please feel free to ask any powder- or “flawless skin”-related questions in the comments below – our make-up artists will be here to help.

Discover EVANESCENCE in our Web Boutique now.
Discover the
DIAPHANOUS Q&A post.
Discover the complete Pro Library series.

15 thoughts on “The Extraordinary Effects of EVANESCENCE Imperceptible Powder”

• Liz

Hello!
    I have very dry skin and don't need powder to mattify my skin any further, all I'm looking for is a light dusting that'll set my very creamy concealer right after application. I'm currently using the original Flawless Face Powder and if applied really lightly and carefully I can get away with that without it making my undereye area look dry and crape-y.

Which of the three now available powders would you recommend for me? Which is the least drying and the least likely to give my dry skin trouble?

Secondly, could we get swatches of the shades please?

• Rouge Bunny Rouge
    Rouge Bunny Rouge July 24, 2015 at 3:59 pm

Thank you very much for your comment. Our new EVANESCENCE powder comes in four shades. All colours are suitable for dry skin and will not promote dryness. For swatches please have a look at the attached pictures. We just took them for you and hope they help you decide picking the right colour.

EVANESCENCE Imperceptible Powder

EVANESCENCE Imperceptible Powder Swatches

The colours from left to right are: Eidola, Mirage, Halo, Aura.

• Liz

Hello again!
    Thank you so much for the response and the swatches, I just placed my order for 'Aura'! I hope it'll work out for me but considering the good luck I've had with RBR products in the past I'm sure I'll be great :)

• Rouge Bunny Rouge
    Rouge Bunny Rouge July 25, 2015 at 7:03 pm

Thanks a lot for placing your order, Liz - enjoy using EVANESCENCE and please let us know if you have any other questions, we are happy to help.

• Micki Caldwell
    Micki Caldwell July 28, 2015 at 11:03 am

Thank you so much for posting swatches. I've been waiting for these before purchasing. Would you say Mirage is the darkest? I want to make sure as lighting can vary in pictures. I've never met a RBR I didn't fall in love with!!!

• Rouge Bunny Rouge
    Rouge Bunny Rouge July 28, 2015 at 12:17 pm

Dear Mikki, thanks for your comment. We are attaching another picture in different lighting that we just took for you. The darkest colour is 'Eidola', we hope this helps with finding the right shade but please don't hesitate to get in touch with further questions.

EVANESCENCE Imperceptible Powder

• Micki Caldwell
    Micki Caldwell July 29, 2015 at 7:09 am

As always, to notch service! Thank you very much. Now I can order!!

• Jeannie

What shade would you recommend for medium skin tone with golden undertones?

• Rouge Bunny Rouge
    Rouge Bunny Rouge August 14, 2015 at 8:48 am

Dear Jeannie, we recommend either Halo or Mirage for your skin tone. In addition to the swatches you can find here on our blog, you might also have a look at Clare's post on her blog Visionary Beauty: http://visionarybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/rouge-bunny-rouge-imperceptible-powder.html.

• Christina

Hello! Would you say that Aura would work for someone who is very fair/pale with olive and yellow undertones? I usually wear the lightest or second lightest foundation shade that is yellow in undertone, but it can't be too warm or pink because then it'll just look orange on me. I was going to select Aura, as the other ones look way too dark, but I'm worried the peach undertone will show up as very orange on me.

Thanks!

• Rouge Bunny Rouge
    Rouge Bunny Rouge November 24, 2015 at 11:25 am

Dear Christina,

Many thanks for your question. 'Aura' would be a good choice based on the description of your skin tone and we recomend trying that shade in your case. You can also have a look at the following blog post where you can find swatches of all shades in natural light:

We hope this helps but please let us know if you have any other questions.

RBR

• Christina

Thank you so much for the speedy and helpful response!

• Snow White

Dear RBR team,

I love the milk aquarelle in chestnut - but my face is also a little tanned right now. I know it is hard to recommend a colour without seeing me in proper light, but I think I'd go for Eidola - do you have a recommendation for me?

I think Aura would be too light, Halo too rosy and Mirage too golden... but I'm not sure!

Thanks a lot in advance!

• Rouge Bunny Rouge
    Rouge Bunny Rouge October 4, 2016 at 8:47 am

Hi there,

Many thanks for your comment. 'Eidola' is the darkest shade of the Imperceptible Powder that matches our 'Cashew Milk Parfait' or 'Hazelnut Milk Parfait' Liquid Foundation shades best. But if you are tanned, like you said, 'Eidola' might indeed work well on you. Please also note the swatches that we posted above, they show all shades next to each other in different lighting.

Warm regards,
    RBR

• Snow White

Wooow, thank you so much for your fast reply! Which shade would be best for the Chestnut Milk Parfait? I thouht this might go well as "Eidola" is also described as a "Medium Coverage Chestnut Beige".

Yes, I have already seen the swatches (also other swatches that can be found on the internet and I'm still struggling...

Thank you very much!